TOUR of AUSTIN SUMMER CAMP - JUNE 2018
The 'Tour of Austin' summer camps, offered by The Hermes Lab, are small group, week-long day camps held in and around Austin, Texas. This is the fifth year running for this program, and we are glad to be offering two weeks of camp this June, 2018!
With a 3:1 student teacher ratio, students will get to explore everything our beautiful city has to offer - from playing a round of putt-putt at Peter Pan Mini Golf and swimming at Deep Eddy Pool, to saying hello to the animals at the Austin Zoo and the peacocks at Mayfield Park. Each week of camp will offer different activities around the city in the mornings, a picnic lunch, and a crafternoon full of projects in the classrooms at AHB Community School.
Capacity is extremely limited (6 students per week); we recommend contacting us as soon as possible to receive your registration form: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 11th - June 15th | 9am - 4pm; $430 per student
June 18th - June 22nd | 9am - 4pm; $430 per student
Camp is offered to students ages 7 and up, who have a small to medium sized booster seat (or no booster seat needed). Drop off will be at AHB Community School in Hyde Park, where we will load up teacher vehicles with booster seats, students, and supplies. After a morning of exploring and a picnic lunch, we will return to AHB for an afternoon of crafting and projects. Camp tuition includes all activity fees and a daily treat; students are encouraged to pack a snack, lunch, water bottle, and necessary accessories for the day's activities.
PAST CAMP ACTIVITIES:
- Swimming at Deep Eddy Pool and Barton Springs
- Visiting the Austin Botanical Gardens
- Exploring the Austin Nature & Science Center
- Playing at the Butler Park Splash Pad and park
- Hiking and fossil hunting in the Barton Creek Greenbelt
- Visiting the Austin Zoo
- Exploring the Thinkery
- Taking photos at the HOPE Outdoor Art Gallery
- Visiting Boggy Creek Farms for the Farmer's Market
- Treats at Amy's Ice-cream, Sweet Ritual, Cornucopia, and Big Top Candy Shop
- Taking a peek at Toy Joy's offerings
- Jumping our hearts out at iPlay
- Watching movies at Alamo Drafthouse
- Exploring outdoor parks and playscapes around Austin
- Plus, many, many more...